George Pantazis was born in Famagusta and since 1974 he lives and works in Limassol.
He studied Architecture at the Technical University of Aachen, Germany. Upon returning to Cyprus, he worked for several years in various known architectural offices in Limassol. Since 2003 he works in partnership in his own architectural firm.
Taking photographs at various sites during his work brought him into contact with the world of photography. For the past years, photography has become a passion of his. He took part in Pancyprian thematic competitions winning both awards and praise.
- 2013/2016 – ‘9251km2’ (the actual surface area of Cyprus), in Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Nicosia, Limassol, Paphos
- 2016 – ‘Interpretation’, in Munich (‘Cyprus Spring’ 2016 events)
- 2017/2018 – ‘Αλμύρα / Saltiness’ in Paphos, Berlin
- 2019 – ‘Nicosia’ in Cologne
- ‘9251km2’ (the actual surface area of Cyprus), by George Pantazis and Nikolas Michael – a photography book about Cyprus
- ‘Cyprus Food Treasures / Θησαυροί της Κυπριακής Κουζίνας‘ by Marilena Joannides. Awarded with the ‘Gourmand, Best in the World’, category ‘Mediterranean’ World Cookbook Awards 2018.
- ‘Walking along the Pedieos river banks, 31 stories about Nicosia’ by Anna Marangou.
- 2016 first place at the ‘International Garden Photographer of the Year’ World photography competition, Project Macro Art, with his photo ‘Embryo’.
- 2018 fourth place (first finalist) at the ‘International Garden Photographer of the Year’ World photography competition, Project Black & White, with his photo ‘Reeds’.
Photography: The unconventional and lonely process that mobilizes at the same time body, mind, senses and soul!